Friday 29 December 2017

First figure done

So I've uploaded my first figure to the Analogue Painting Challenge. That's five points of the intended 500. At this rate, I'll only take 900 days (the challenge ends March 20th).

I've actually quite a few figures on the stocks, and hope to make another submission before Tuesday (Tuesday is posting day) - there's 12 Spanish quite close to completion, and I'm quite pleased with them, though they're not a patch on what I used to be able to do, unfortunately. They should be followed by 6 cricketers for Walmington/Sealion, anf then maybe a handful of ECW figures, if I can organise them.

I've realised, too, that because terrain counts for points, this might be a nudge to finish some pieces, too, probably with Walmington or ECW in mind. At the very least, I've a ruined barn undercoated. And there's also the mealie bags for Rorke's Drift,

The submission was  Durnford for the Zulu Wars. I was pleased with the initial painting, which was quite subtle, but then I ruined it in varnishing, had to take remedial action, and the result is a bit muddy, and less "historical" than I wanted. It'll do, though, so Burt Lancaster will be able to join Michael Caine and Stanley Baker under the shadow of Isandlwana *I can never remember where the 'L' goes in that name).


No comments:

Post a Comment